Fare zone 4 is a zone of Transport for London's zonal fare system used for calculating the price of tickets for travel on the London Underground, London Overground, Docklands Light Railway and, since 2007, on National Rail services. It was created on 22 May 1983 and extends from approximately 6.75 to 10 miles from Piccadilly Circus.
List of stations Edit
The following stations are within zone 4:
- January 2000: Beckton, Cyprus, Gallions Reach and Beckton Park (DLR) from Zone 4 to Zone 3
- January 2004: Crystal Palace from Zone 4 to Zone 3/4 boundary
- January 2007: Roding Valley, Chigwell, Grange Hill, Hainault, Fairlop and Barkingside from Zone 5 to Zone 4.
- ↑ Transport for London (February 2009). Your guide to fares and tickets within Zones 1-6. Greater London Authority.
- ↑ Jo deBank (October 2006). Zonal fares great boost for London. London TravelWatch.
- ↑ Monopolies and Mergers Commission (1991). London Underground Limited: A report on passenger and other services supplied by the company.
- ↑ South Central Trains (December 2003). Crystal Palace Jumps Into Zone 3. Association of Train Operating Companies.